"I go potty, Mommy."
These words, together in the sentence above, tell me that my 3 1/2 year old is heading to the bathroom to take care of her business. And they are a signal, telling me that my time of changing diapers is finished. Oh, what joy! What joy!
Up until this point, I have been changing diapers for well over seven years. To me this is amazing. I never thought about how long I'd be in the diaper changing stage of life, but looking back it seems like a long time. However, when in the midst of it, I never really thought about it, I just did it, for it had to be done. But now! Now, I am on the other side and it feels oh so good!
Goodbye diapers!
Goodbye baby stage of life!
Ah, now that's just sad. I'll miss the baby stage, but I won't miss those diapers!
2 comments:
I love the no diaper stage. And I also love the no-carrying-a-diaper-bag stage.
We are almost finished with our last pack of 'sleepytime' diapers. When they are gone - they are gone! No more diapers!!!
Are you out of the stroller stage yet? Because that actually makes a good coat carrier :)
Good job, D- that is a big season to say good-bye to!
Post a Comment