Monday, March 15

Muerte

When we got the kitties a couple months ago it was with the hope that they would one day (soon!) keep the rat population down, if not non-existant. We have gone back and forth with thoughts and predictions about which cat would would be 'the one' to carry out it's mission.


At first I thought it would be Edward. He was more outgoing when we first brought him home. But when it came time to introduce them to the great out of doors, he promptly hid under the back patio and only came inside when he was enticed, then dragged out from underneath. It was looking like Edward was more of the 'fraidy cat variety.

Edward

Then there was Jane. She was the timid one when they first came home with us. In fact, she was so unsure of her new surroundings that she would not leave the cat carrier when we opened it. After a while of letting her sit in there, we had to physically reach in and take her out. However, Jane was in love with the out of doors the moment we let her out.

Jane

And so, with these facts, plus a few more, the debate was still on with whom we each thought would be the family's rat killer.

Until today.

Who do you think it was????

5 comments:

Rose said...

The neighbor's cat? A coyote? ;-) Just kidding. I vote for the female. You go Jane!

Anonymous said...

I guess I am old fashioned but I want to hear that the male came through as the leader and that Jane will follow his example. I can hardly wait to hear the answer.
Mom

Becca said...

It was probably Jane, but I'm going to vote Eddie, just to be different and b/c I had a male cat who we thought was a female and named Jasmin and he/she would bring us birds and all sorts of presents. You did follow all of that, right?

Anonymous said...

Team Edward!!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, your cats are so pretty!! I already read ahead so I know the answer, but I just now saw these last 3 posts and couldn't help but comment on how cute your kitties are!