
I haven't participated in Top Ten Tuesday in a very loooooong time. Seeing how I just came off a fabulous girl weekend in San Francisco, I feel like I can use the Top Ten as a recap. I'll try to be brief but still share my highlights (with out boring you all to death).
So, a good friend I and I flew into to San Francisco for just a couple days. The best things of our time included, but were not limited to, the following;
1 - Flying with no children and only carrying a backpack (no suitcases, just the clothes on our backs and a few necessities).
2 - Taking BART around the city with ease and not getting lost, turned around or ever going in the wrong direction.
3 - Having brunch at Neiman Marcus on Saturday. We had not eaten much for breakfast so that we would be hungry for our early lunch reservations. I ordered a delicious crab sandwich that looked waaay bigger than it actually ended up being, and it was fabulous!
4 - Seeing Wicked!!!!
5 - Staying at my friend's relative's house in Berkeley. Not only did it keep our travel cost down but I also got to see a part of the bay area that I'd never been to before. I loved the cute bungalows and craftsman houses, made me think of Portland.
6 - Dropping off our backpacks at MOMA on Sunday so we could walk unencumbered before checking into the airport and heading home. (which was totally free, by the way. we followed the don't ask, don't tell philosophy since we weren't actually going into the museum....they didn't ask, so we didn't tell.)
7 - Completing our 'things to do in the city' list by having a chowder bread bowl for lunch on Sunday. There's nothing quite like a San Francisco sourdough bread bowl filled with white clam chowder yumminess!
~~~~~~~~~~
Interested in more Top Ten's for this week? Go to OhAmanda and check out the list!
4 comments:
That sounds like it was so fun and rejuvenating! Yay for a girl's weekend!
!. Unencumbered is kind of a cool word. I don't think I've used it on my blog before. I'm going to see if Ic an work it into conversation first.
2. I love San Francisco!
3. Berkeley is really cool, too!
4. Your crab sandwich is making me hungry.
5. I love that silly stature/art piece behind you! Fun, fun!
Love it, Deanne! Girlfriend weekends are best!!
When you have to do it, you simply have to do it. I like to go out and have some special quality time! It's the best !
Post a Comment