Thursday, January 12

Boldly Go Where No Where No Housewife Has Gone Before

I have been less than pleased with our dishwasher lately.  It's dirty and is putting a sandy finish on my drinking glasses.  Well, I didnt know it was dirty at first, but it got so bad that I've had to get new glasses for when we have guests over and I can serve drinks in a glass that LOOKS as clean as it is.  But the dishwasher is still putting some sandy residue on things.  And I didn't want to pay a service guy to come out and tell me we need a new dishwasher (also meaning, I don't want to have to buy a new dishwasher!).  Then I saw this link on Pinterest and it got me to thinking that I could fix my dishwasher problem.  I didn't actually read the article, but it was about taking apart the dishwasher and cleaning it.  That was all I needed, an idea to propel me forward.  Forward into unknown territory - the inner-most workings of my dishwasher.


I don't think this ever occurred to me.  Ever.  As in, I don't think in my whole entire life have I heard of anyone cleaning their dishwasher.  And why would I?  I mean, a dishwasher is suppose to clean things so why should I have to clean it??!  Absurdity!

But I had to try since it could mean saving several hundred dollars on having to buy a new one (although.....a new one would be nice).  And so Saturday found me taking out the bottom rack and taking apart the dasher thingy and all the other parts underneath.  I soaked and scrubbed and brushed at the parts inside and out for an hour or so, then put it all back to together (thank you Jesus for helping me to remember how to put it back together!!!!).

And now my dishes are getting clean again.  Thank you Pinterest for yet another idea!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Pinterest is so awesome! I really love it!

Every once in a while my dishwasher leaves funky stuff on dishes, then I realize I haven't cleaned the filter out in a very long time. yuk! I did do a dish washer cleaning out in December, but I didn't totally tear it apart.

Glad yours is up and running again! :)