Looking over our list from last month, I am surprised that we watched as much as we did! I didn't think we had seen that many. Maybe it was because some were letdowns?
1. The Ultimate Gift - Jenn recommended this movie a few months back so I put it in our queue. It was finally released last month so we were able to view it! The story line is good but the acting isn't always the best. It's still a good movie (nice and clean) and I, too, recommend it!
2. Mansfield Park - I expected more from this film considering we have loved other Jane Austen movies. Maybe it wasn't one of her better books? It had some weird parts in it, parts I was not sure if I was reading too much into it or if it was really suggesting what I thought they were suggesting. I liked the overall story but it left me with an odd feeling.
3. Next - This movie was just ok. It stars Nicholas Cage, Julianne Moore and Jessica Beil (not that I'm all that fond of either them). Cage's character can see into the future, but only when it pertains to him. Inevitably he gets caught up in some huge terrorist scheme, or at least tries to foil it. The ending did surprise me, but other than that the film was just ok.
4. Sweetland - Wendy suggested this movie last month so I added to out queue. Ryan and I both liked it (thanks Wendy!). The storyline was good, but again the acting wasn't always the best. But hey, it was clean so I won't complain. Instead I'll further along the recommendation!
5. Transformers - Ryan saw this in the theater when it came out. It's funny, he went with a group from his work, during work hours, and the company paid for it. Why, you ask? Well, they were doing research, naturally. Anyway, Ryan enjoyed the movie so much that we watched it again. I must admit that it wasn't that bad, surprisingly. Yes, it had action and extraordinary machine robot thingys and of course what movie would not be complete without a little love? It even had some humor in it. Overall it was an entertaining movie.
6. David Copperfield - Another Charles Dickens movie. Compared to the others I've seen (Oliver Twist and Bleak House) this one was on the blah side. It lacked the usual suspense and intrigue. But it did have some great characters! Movie was ok. Rent it if you want, I'm not endorsing it either way.
7. Lost (season 1, disks 1-3) - I know, I know! I've already seen this. But Ryan has not. So I got him hooked started. I forgot how intense it was and can be! We finished a couple episodes and I was ready to go into the next one when Ryan says he's had enough for one night, it was too intense. He's intrigued with the mysterious monster thing in the jungle. Little does he know that it's really just the security system and quite a let down. I'll let him discover that for himself. Right now we are at the part where Claire is about to be abducted by Ethan/The Others....but don't tell Ryan....he doesn't know that's gonna happen!
Our queue is getting mighty low. Your suggestions on movies would be greatly appreciated!
Thursday, November 1
October Movie Review
Posted by
Deanne
at
10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
First!! :)
I've seen 1,2,5 and 7. I guess I don't remember Masfield Park that much, but it seems like I liked it. I do love Jane Austen. :) Yay for Lost, can't wait until February when the new season starts. :D Thanks for the great movie recommendations!
I haven't seen any of those. EXCEPT LOST! Only a few more months!
Besides LOST, which is awesome, I have only seen Mansfield Park, and I agree, it was kind of strange... Not the usual Jane Austen-y feel, you know?
Post a Comment