Tuesday, December 11

Dental Woes

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm just not. Why, you ask? I have a dental appointment, that's why! It's no secret that I am not thrilled to go to the dentist. And when I am there I am not a model client. It's just not pretty when I am sitting in the chair. I've had my share of dental work, more than I care to ever experience again and I do not desire to return. Ever! But return I must.

Tomorrow I will be going in for a deep cleaning, a fix on an existing filling, and a bonding on one tooth. This will require my entire mouth to be numb (which I am thankful, but really why can't they just knock me out completely? I would be more thankful for that!). The good thing (really, there is a good part to this....at least this is what I keep telling myself) is that I am told that my appointment will only take an hour. Oh please let this be true!!!

I will be doing a lot of praying tomorrow. A lot. Feel free to join me.

In the mean time, here's a fun video of Bill Cosby and his take on dentists.

5 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Okay, I would rather give birth than go to the dentist. My twice a year cleanings fill me with such dread, and heaven forbid if they discover anything wrong. I, too, pray a lot for those appointments. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I dont even have to watch that, I remember it from being a kid LOL! The numb lip and all.

I have to tell you, this time of year, whenever I look at your blog name all I can think is:

Fra-gee-lee LOL!!

I am MommaCat said...

LOL!!!! That was a great clip..."Oh look, a rainbow!"

Anyway, don't fret my flower friend, you will be OK...Just think of happy rainbows :)

Mary said...

Oh Deanne, you have my good thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. We have a shared dental anxiety for good reason! Some day you and I will just go in for a nice easy cleaning, right? Which reminds me, I need to make another appointment :)

Deanne said...

Bia....I almost agree with you, but then I'd have another child to care for afterwards! Now, if they could just give me the equivalent of an epidural...now that I'd go for! :)

Sandra...I've loved those Bill Cosby videos since I was a kid too! He's funny AND clean!

Cat...I tried NOT to think of this comedy routine while 'in the chair', I didn't want to laugh then make the dentist make a mistake! Yikes!

Mary....I can always count on you to be sympathetic toward me and my dental woes. Thanks for being a kindred spirit in this! :)