I was tagged by Amanda for a meme. And as I haven't done a meme in a while, I thought this one was easy and wouldn't take much brain power to make it work. Also, I've hit a wall when it comes to things to blog about. So, here's a list of seven random things about my kids:
1. Mae was a thumb sucker up until last year. We gently tried to get her to stop, but it took the dentist telling her, and showing her pictures, of the damage that thumb sucking can do to get her to stop. (why does it sometimes take someone other than mom or dad to get kids to do, or not do, something?)
2. Isabel is a thumb sucker too. But she only sucks her left one, never the right.
3. Caleb got scratched by Isabel yesterday, poor guy! She scratched him on his face and left a Locke-like wound (think of the gash John Locke had after the plane crash). Of course it doesn't show up too well on camera, but yesterday you could really see the scratch on his forehead above his eye. Anyway, Isabel is no girly girl. She can hold her own, that's for sure! Oh, and Caleb, well, he's sort of a sensitive guy.
4. Isabel can, and often does, do the taco tongue. When in the truck the other day, she says 'Wook mommy! Wook!' I turn around and there she is sticking her taco tongue at me!
5. Caleb confessed to me yesterday that he was thinking about bad things. Bad things like kicking and hitting, because he thinks those things are fun. (he's five and I'm still not used to having a boy! what's up with that?!)
6. Mae is just like her mother, she's a pack rat. I sold her desk last weekend at our garage sale so I could get her a smaller one to fit the room better. Now that she has a 'new' desk with smaller drawers, she is having a hard time fitting all her stuff inside. And throwing things away is not an option. *sigh* (note: I no longer consider myself a pack rat. moving six times in ten years had a way of bringing out the purge in me!)
7. Mae and Caleb are different in their approach to things that they don't understand. Mae will ask incessant questions until she gets it. Caleb, on the other hand, will think about it until he thinks he's figured it out, then he will explain it to you in what we call a proposal. His proposals aren't always correct, but you can tell that he's thought it out. Here's an example....'airplanes have wings so people can walk on them'. See, he's thought it through, but unless he's thinking of a wing walker on a bi-plane, then, well, I don't think they were intended to be walked on.
There! That wasn't so bad. Thanks Amanda for the tag and reason (or the idea) for a post! Now what shall I post about tomorrow??.....
Thursday, July 3
Random Acts of Kid-ness
Posted by
Deanne
at
6:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I looove Caleb's heart. I didn't know boys could HAVE hearts like that.
These are fun kid observations-especially the left over right thumb preference. That is hilarious.
Thumb-suckers! Lydia, too! We'll see how long it lasts...
How fun to think about the kids. Caleb thinking about "bad things" because they're fun to do. Too funny! Too boy.
Post a Comment