Sunday, January 18

Cheap Date

Waaaay back in November I bought material to make curtains for the girls room, and I finally sat myself down at New Years and made them. Then last week Ryan put up the curtain rod. The only problem was that the curtain rod was too short. It was just big enough to cover the length of the window, but then the curtains (which are double the width of the window itself) covered most of the window when pulled back. There is only one way to solve this problem.

Go to Ikea and get a longer curtain rod! (because I'm a frugal spender that way. oh, and I love Ikea!)

So today is the day I had selected to go to Ikea. Today was also the first time that we were able to put all three kids in the child care spot! (hooray for Isabel being -mostly- potty trained!!!) Once we drop the kids off, we are informed that we have one hour to shop before we have to be back to pick up them up. Ok, not a problem. In fact, this is pretty much like a free date! Ryan and I get to walk around and talk and pick up a couple items, all the while we are uninterupted and no one seems to exists but us (amazing what three children can do a person, isn't it?!). The only problem was that we found our items rather quickly.

What else could we do but pick up a cinanmon roll and some milk at the consession stand and sit in the big item pick-up lounge??

So in the end, our 'date' cost us $15 in curtain rod and new draw pulls for Isabel's dresser, $1.75 for the delish cinnnamon roll and milk, and $0 for child care! See what a cheap date I am? Ryan should love me all the more for how much money I save him!

2 comments:

Thany said...

I FORGOT about the free child care Ikea has!! Okay, someday lets go together...I am sure there is SOMETHING I need!

Unknown said...

Free child care at Ikea! How could I have missed that one? Sounds like we'll have to wait until the boys are potty trained, but look out Ikea---I LOVE free babysitting!