Monday, February 9

I Always Said I Was Frugal

I made a few bucks today! Wanna know how???

I did the grocery shopping last night (no kids, great time to go!) and while there I bought a bag of frozen chicken. My total amount was larger than I expected, so this morning I went over the receipt. I had thought that my bog-0-chicken was on sale, they charged me $11.99 and I thought it was more like $6.99. So I called the stores phone number that was on the bottom of the receipt. They checked and said it was on sale for $9.99. Well, ok, so I was overcharged by two bucks. But still, we're on a tight budget while we pay off our debt so you betcha I went down there to get my measy two dollars!

After returning to the store and having the helpful guy at the customer service desk recheck the sale price, I was given the full amount back. And when I say 'the full amount' I'm not referring to the two bucks....I'm talking about the full amount of the bag-o-chicken! They refunded the entire $11.99 because I had to return to the store! Who am I to argue with store policy??

Ha! I got twelve bucks AND my bag of chicken!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful store policy. Great customer service!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where did you go? I am going there next time :) Really, I had a similar mix up last week and have not followed through yet, I think I will put it on my to do list for tomorrow! Miss ya!

Deanne said...

who is this mystery commenter??? i'd sure like to know who misses me! :)

Sarah said...

Great story! What store was it that refunded the whole amount? I am impressed that you went back. I probably would have said it wasn't worth the two dollars.

Thany said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bonus! I miss you and I've never met you! How's that for weird? It wasn't me that wrote that though.