
In the spirit of today, St. Patricks Day, I'll share my list of top ten things that are green.
Give me a sec while I try to figure out what they may be............wow, this is hard!...........more difficult than I thought!..........
Oh, ok, I think I got it. Here goes!
10. I like green lights. you know, green as in go! who doesn't like to sail through an intersection without stopping?? (while safely driving the speed limit, of course)
9. money - in this instance I like what it can get me, especially when it's on sale!
8. I like our artificial Christmas tree. It just makes sense for our family since we are usually visiting family over Christmas, and having a fake tree gives the kids a chance to have one at home while not leaving a fire hazard behind when we're gone. And it doesn't look too bad either!
7. My winter coat. It's not something I use often anymore (gotta love these Southern California "winters"!) but it keeps me warm when I need it.
6. I have a family recipe for Green Rice that is used mostly during the holidays. It calls for coloring the rice green before adding it to the rest of the dish, but I never do that. It looks gross. But it's a fabulous dish and I highly recommend it!
5. I love my three shades of green paper for making cards. It's one of those colors that I love to use but at the same time try to use sparingly so I don't run out! (I do card swaps if anyone wants to barter/trade for anything!)
4. I just love my truck. I love it's space (seats 8!), it's height, the roof rack and heated seats (not that they are used much these days, but they were much appreciated when we lived in Michigan).
3. My 'green' grocery bags (I know they're really red, but it's the earth friendly essence I'm going for here)
2. The new Chinese Chicken Salad recipe I recently found, it's super-yum and super-easy! It calls for cabbage and avocado, and those are green (and how the recipe made it onto my 'green' list!).
1. Mach-ah-moley!! (as Isabel would call it. but me, I call it guacamole.....ok, ok, her way is much too cute and it's fun to say, so I admit it, I call it mach-ah-moley.) It's my new favorite thing to eat and can't hardly get enough of it!

For more Top Tens head over to Oh Amanda. And for even more fun, make your own top ten and add it to the list!
5 comments:
Haven't read it yet...but your link is messed up...it goes to last week...fyi...
oh yum. i just noticed the guac! off to read it!
Machamoley! So cute! And I'm totally about to check out the chinese chicken salad recipe. sounds delish.
I really like your new format or wallpaper (whatever you call it)
Mom
I'm so jealous of your guac!!!!
We did have several similar fav greens!
Happy Tuesday.
Thanks for the recipe! It sounds delish!!
Post a Comment