There is a reason why I have not shouted from the rooftops my joy of being done with potty training.
There is also a reason why my cup of ice cream has an extra scoop tonight.
And those reasons are one in the same - I'm not done dealing with potty training issues!
Today could aptly be named "Deanne's terrible, horrible, rotten, no-good, day". But really it began yesterday.....or did it??...
Tuesday was the second day of swim lessons for all my kids. I have been looking forward to this summer and the swimming lessons because it is the first year that Isabel would join in on the swimming lesson fun. Well, she could have joined in last year, after she turned 3, but it would have required some hard-core potty training on my part (and hers too) as swim diapers are strictly prohibited. I spared myself (and Isabel) the torture of such rigors and waited for this year to begin the lessons. However, she managed to throw a wrench into my well-laid plans. And yesterday the entire pool was cleared out because someone's little angel pooped in the pool. Not only was the entire pool cleared out and lessons canceled for the rest of the day, but the lessons for the first half of the next day were canceled as well.
Now, I was not completely convinced that it was my sweet little baby who was the responsible party. But when I talked to her about it, she flat out said it was her. Still, I held out hope that it wasn't her. She must have been too sensitive to the situation and that is why she was so forth coming. Of that I was convinced.
But then she had another 'accident' that night.
Then again today when we were at our community pool.
And again after we got home from Mae and Caleb's swim lessons (I omit Isabel from the lessons because we pulled her from the class for the summer - let's not mention it anymore, I'm in mourning).
So, if anyone wonders why I have not yet jumped in exultation over having diapers and the like behind me, please note - I. Am. Not. Done.
I've known for quite a while now that Isabel possesses mass quantities of cuteness. And I've always wondered if there was a reason for it. As if her being so stinkin' cute (no pun intended) would someday save her life. I believe that time has come.
5 comments:
How frustrating! I'm so sorry, Deanne! My Z shows no interest in potty training whatsoever. In fact, he is adamantly opposed to the idea whenever we suggest it. Now that he's three I'm feeling a little pressure to motivate him. Ugh.
I feel your pain. Abigail doesn't want to stop playing to go so she changes panties throughout the day. The cuteness does come in handy.
It sounds like it's been a crappy week - waha :) What is it with our kids and poop this week?
I think it's strange your pool prohibits swim diapers - it seems like they are just a good precaution so they don't have to empty the pool for 2 days!
oh godness, bless your heart. hange in there!
My heart goes out to you my friend.
Post a Comment