Thursday, January 28

Be Careful, They Repeat What You Say!

Isabel and I had to take Edward (our new cat) to the vet today for a booster shot. Edward doesn't like the cat carrier or being in the truck (or probably the vet for that matter!), and he was being quite vocal in his protests. So Isabel and I were talking about Edward and how he was feeling about his journey, but then Isabel had something else to say....


Isabel - Edward is a booger.

Me - What???

Isabel - Edward is a booger. That's what Dad says 'cause Edward went in Caleb's room.

There you have it folks. Edward is a booger because that is what Isabel heard her Daddy say to Edward when he got into a part of the house that he wasn't suppose to be in.

Their little ears hear what we say and have no regrets about repeating it. So speak your words carefully.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Haha!
She also told me that the kitties had to go get fixed.
To which I replied, 'Oh, they had to get fixed?'
And Lucy chimes in:
'No, Isabel said fish. They had to get fish.'
From the mouths of babes :)

Deanne said...

Angela - those girls are too funny! i bet you could write books on the things you hear them say! go ahead, I give consent for you to use any of Isabel's words or phrases! :)