Friday, January 29

Find The Studs, People!

When one attaches things to walls, things meant for supporting other things, I can't stress enough how important studs are.


Because if things aren't secured to these vastly important thingies called 'studs'......well, this can happen


In this instance, the shelf in the closet will not be able to support the storage items on top as well as the clothes hanging on the bar. When all these forces are put together it equals no hanging clothes or boxes on shelves....and a big mess when it comes time to clean up that shattered mirror door.

So find the studs, people, that's all I'm sayin'.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Yikes! I hope that didn't happen while you were standing at the closet getting dressed - or in the room for that matter. I hope the repairs aren't too costly!

wendy said...

Oh no! 7 years bad luck, too... just kidding. I don't believe that stuff....

In our last house no one told us it was built with steel beams. No studs to find. That made it very difficult to hang curtains and shelves.

sorry about your closet!

orchard_girl said...

My husband once brought home a stud finder from Home Depot. I giggled as I pointed it at him. Are there studs in the closet that you can use to rehang the bar and shelf?
Heather

Susie said...

Potentially dangerous, yikes! We gave curtain rods that were put up without much thought and one by one they have all fallen only to be reinstalled by Ndy w/ anchors. It's just a rental, but cmon!