There is a picture of me when I was about 2 years old that my mother took of me when I got stuck in the of a bottom dresser drawer. There I was, with my bottom stuck in the drawer and my little legs dangling out with tears streaming down face, and before my mother came to my rescue she had the nerve to take my picture!
The picture was the bane of my childhood existence. I think it was one of my earliest memories, I think I actually remember being stuck in that drawer and seeing my mother standing in the doorway of the room and not helping me. As I grew up I'd think about that time I couldn't understand why she'd just stand there (laughing??) and take my picture rather than help me.
Today I understand. Here's why.....

click on the picture to see Isabel's look of despair!
As I was in the house, Isabel was outside playing, and I heard her crying and calling for help. I looked outside and saw that she had climbed inside the giant pot in the backyard. And I couldn't help myself....I had to grab the camera on the way to her rescue.
Maybe one day she'll understand why I took her picture before helping her out.
3 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
You are so awesome!!
My mom has a picture of me covered in mud - from when I fell off a swing into a slushy mud puddle underneath. I remember being so furious with her!
I'm cracking up!!! That expression, the sheer size of that pot, she looks like Thumbelina!! That is too FUNNY!!!!
Post a Comment