Monday, May 3

Lost and Found

I vacuumed the couch last night. I did the usual take-off-the-cushions deal and then proceeded to get the usual suspects; crumbs, stray raisins (was it a grape when it first made it's decent below the cushions?), and not-too-surprising-whatnots. My next step is to put the angled hose into the cracks of the couch, but this time I decided to go a step further, just in case. And the things I pulled out were amazing and at times embarrassing.

Here is what I found, things that would never have been pulled out by the vacuum (which makes me wonder how long they've been hiding out in the bowels of my couch....but maybe I don't want to know);

2.5 pairs of socks
A necklace jewel in a little ziplock baggie
Hair band
Business card (from Portland!!)
Game piece
Wadded up Capri Sun
An extra Capri Sun straw
Puzzle piece (that's been missing since Mae was TWO!!)
full-size pencil
Wii sports booklet
2 combs
Reciept
Candy wrapper

My only comfort is knowing where that missing puzzle piece went! (I wondered where that was!!!) Ok, fine, my comfort lies in knowing that my family can now sit upon a couch that is throughly and utterly devoid of any clutter and/or junk. We can all wear clean matched-up socks and have nicely combed hair.

Ahhhhh.......peace, at last.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Nice job! I bet your couch feels better! :) Our couch is old. We've been married for over 11 years now and it's the only couch we've ever had (Eric bought it from his mom when we got married). We're saving up for a new living room set, so when we get one, I am ripping apart the old couch to see what all is inside it. :) I'll have to post my finds when that day happens!

Sunshine SAHM said...

Ha! I just got my interent back (along with my sanity) and came back to read this. How hilarious!
I too wonder about the raisins sometimes...