Tuesday, August 31

Top Ten Tuesday - All By Myself!

Top Ten {Tuesday}

Isabel went to her first day at kindergarten this morning. She was beyond excited! And me? Well, I'm quite excited as well. In fact, here's what I am looking forward to doing today, my first day of all the kids in school!!!


1. have coffee with some girl friends

2. Go to Target. By myself

3. Go to the grocery store. By myself. No little hands touching things they shouldn't, feet running when they should walk, and no voices getting louder than they should!

4. Go to Costco. By myself. I'm especially looking forward to leaving the giant store without a smiley face being drawn onto the back of my receipt.

5. Maybe grabbing a Jamba Juice and not having to share.

6. Fixing only one lunch today. Or better yet, maybe the Jambe Juice will be my lunch.

7. Go to the post office. By myself.

8. Read some chapters in my book. By Myself.

9. Clean something. Maybe, if I feel like. No promises with that one.

10. Take a nap and not feel guilty about the kids fending for themselves or them watching too much tv while I do so.

Oh yes, there is plenty on my list of things to do and enjoy while all the kiddos are away at school today. But if I don't get it all accomplished today, well, I can always pick up where I left on Thursday when Isabel goes back to kindergarten! Yep. This is going to be a great year, I can just tell. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

All good stuff!! Currently I'm a night-shopper so the kids can be amused by my husband or maybe they're in bed. What is it like to shop during the day? Does the sun blind your eyes?! ;)

Deanne said...

Heather - no! :) but it did feel weird to be out and about for so long without a tag-a-long. My mind kept wanting to be rushed as if my time was running short and I had hurry before my hourglass was empty! Good thing my truck didn't turn into a pumpkin! :)

Jen @ BigBinder said...

I had my bubble completely burst when my Aunt told me that those 3 hours (while my daughter is in Young Fives) will go by so fast I'll hardly have time to get anything done. Naysayers. I still think I will have leisurely, lovely mornings. And so will you.

Deanne said...

Jen - 3 hours DOES go by fast, but you'll enjoy every moment of it! :) My daughter is in a all-day kinder class, so I get a few more hours than just 3 (and I, too, will enjoy every moment of it) :) thanks for visiting!