When we bought our house last year, it came with a one year home warranty. As the year came to an end we were asked if we would like to renew it and pay for another year. With as much as it has come in handy, our answer was 'yesiree'!
Over the course of this year we have called on and used the home warranty 5 times. The first time was when the air conditioner failed to produce cold air during a heat wave. Secondly, the hot water heater died. And twice we had issues with the pool (twice denied, but that's not the point, I think.). Then again this past week we used the warranty for a water leak in the master bathroom.
Never before during any homeownership have we had to use the home warranty so much. For a few of the things I'm so glad that we had the option to call someone else to come fix things. Makes me feel a bit like a renter again, but without the landlord stinginess. Granted, not all things were covered that came up, but still, it was nice to have the option. So yes, we signed up for the year extension. But hopefully we won't need it.
Friday, October 15
Renewal
Posted by
Deanne
at
3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Warranties are great when you need them. I had no idea that homes come with one.
At least you'll have it "just in case!" We'll pray you don't though! :) Happy 1 yr Anniversary!
Wow! I wish we had checked out the warranty that came with our house when our air conditioner stopped working! Can I just say duhhhh?
Post a Comment