There are many moments that make a day. Some make me smile or laugh and others, well, not so much. It's those pesky latter moments that make me want to throw up the white flag and surrender. But it's the sweet ones that cause me to pause, smile and keep holding on to make it through one more day.
Today one of those moments happened. The ones that make you stop and take note of the good and fun times. The kind that make you push aside any grievance one may have about rearing children. The sort that make you want to choose the good that the Lord has in your day instead of dwelling on the mundane or tedious.
I was sitting in the living room as Isabel came galloping down the hall and came to a stop right beside me. In a whisper, she said "I'm trying to fly!", and then was off again. I watched her as she took off at a run back down the hallway to her room, and just as she came to her room she leaped into the air. And for just a moment she had lift off! Instead of calling after her to tell her to not run in the house, I did something different. I giggled. I thought of what Isabel must be thinking as she flew down the hall in hopes of true flight, and I decided to enjoy the moment and to smile instead. Besides, it never hurt to let the child fly, now did it? And it didn't hurt me either, as I let her imagination soar interrupted by commands of mothering.
Sometimes it's just good to sit back and let life do a little fly by.
Wednesday, December 8
Moments That Make Me Smile
Posted by
Deanne
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you let her fly. Sometimes I need to be reminded to enjoy the moment and let the things, that seem important to me, go.
Heather K.
I too love that you let her fly instead of the reminder about running. I wish I could get into their little heads sometimes and enjoy the innocence of things like this... at least we can enjoy it with them, even if we've lost our ability to fly. :)
Post a Comment