Weekend News Report
We got home late last night, well ok it was officially this morning but I never consider it "the next day" until I have gone to bed. So, we get home shortly before 1 am and we are all tired from the trip but a great time was had by all! Whew, driving to and from Modesto and Southern California in three days is hard man! But time alone with my husband makes it totally worth it! I'd so do it again!
Ryan and I went to his cousins wedding in Seattle and my parents were kind enough to watch the kids. We had a great time! We enjoied uninterrupted conversations with each other, quiet in the car, no whining or fussing as we waited in airport lines, only one small bag to check in, no strollers, a hotel room with an occupancy of 2, an awesome dinner where the only food we had to cut was our own, oh and waking up to silence! We had fun recalling these things in the car as we enjoied the peace that our vehicles used to possess. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids! We also talked about the cute, silly and adorable things that they do. But I can't say enough how great it was to just get away for even just one night. But maybe we really should have stayed away longer, the kids didn't seem to miss us. No one ran to the door when we walked in (except maybe my parents....."we're so glad your back!")
On a side note, I loved the wedding favor! It was a cd that the couple made from various artists. They named the cd "Sticky Gooey Love Songs". We listend to it yesterday on the way back to my parents house, on the drive home, and I now have it in the cd player in the kitchen. I can rock out to the sticky gooey love songs as I cook dinner. I just can't say enough about the sticky gooey love songs. Maybe it's the title? I think it's a clever name. Sticky gooey, sticky gooey, sticky gooey! Isn't that fun?!
It's Monday now, back to real life. Back to vehicles filled with endless questions, cutting other peoples food, strollers and a home with an occupancy of 5. It's great to be back home!
Monday, September 18
Posted by
Deanne
at
11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment