Do you remember the song by En Vouge, 'Back to Life, Back to Reality'? Well, that is the theme for me today. After spending a little over a week with family last week, it is now time to enter back into 'normal life'. There are good things and not so good things about this.
Good thing: Mae and Caleb go back to school
Not so good thing: kids fussing about school
Good thing: time alone with just Issy and time to get errands done
Not so good thing: I have to cook meals again
Good thing: I get to use the new knife set my hubby got me for Christmas
Not so good thing: the kids don't have grandparents to distract them
Good thing: kids have new toys
Not so good thing: kids have more toys
Good thing: I sleep in my own bed and I don't have to share a room with Issy (Sheesh, she can be noisy at night!)
Overall we had a great time away, but it is always good to be back home. By the time tomorrow rolls around we'll be back in our groove of everyday life and our little break will join the other memories we'll think of so fondly. I still have the ever-present list of things to do (like thinking about goals for this new year) but for now I relish my own mattress and space we call home.
Happy New Year!
Tuesday, January 2
Back to Reality
Posted by
Deanne
at
1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is always nice and also hard to get back into normal life after a nice trip isn't it? The best part about traveling is coming home to your own bed!
Have a great day!
Hee hee...your pro/con list gave me a chuckle. Good luck settling back into reality.
Post a Comment