![]()
Ok, I'm out of blog fodder, so again, I resort to my daily calender for inspiration. So sue me!
Amelia Bloomer invented bloomers.
Fact? or Crap?
**the answer will be posted tomorrow morning in my comments section.
Thursday, April 26
More Trivia
Posted by
Deanne
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Crap! I'm guessing they were invented by a man. =P
Oh, I get to beat Chris in saying, crap, crap, crap (just 'cuz she always says it in threes!!!) Love ya, Chris!
Jenn, you stole my answer. I still say crap, crap, crap!
CRAP!!! Bloomers seems like such a French invention (I don't know why I think that; I just hear bloomers and think French--and handy) and Amelia such a non-French name. Again no backing for that, just the feeling I get.
Fact. Some people liked to call her Ms. Smarty Pants.
I'd have to agree with Kimberly and say CRAP....prob. invented by a man!
Whoops! It's way past morning time, sorry about that. But hey, at least Wendy got to vote this time! :)
Answer: CRAP!!! (yah Chris, you finally got it right!*wink*) Amelia Bloomer wore bloomers, but she simply lent her name to the fashion. Born Amelia Jenks in 1818, she married a Quaker newspaper editor name Dexter Bloomer and started her own newspaper for women, The Lily. She became active in the campaign for women's rights and was vocal about bloomers, which were an early form of pants that were worn underneath skirts. It was Bloomer's association with the pants that earned them their nickname, though they were also called 'Turkish trousers'.
Really Wendy???...was she called 'Ms. Smarty Pants'???
Post a Comment