Monday, May 7

Open Season

Mmmm....look what I had for lunch today!!! It was sooo good! The weather is warming up and today just seemed to scream out for a delicious strawberry smoothie. So I obliged and made some for myself and the kids. No one was disappointed, well except for maybe Isabel since she didn't finish her hot dog. But she's not all that acquainted with smoothies yet so she doesn't quite know what she's missing!

Summer is the perfect time for smoothie makin'! I usually make mine with orange juice, one banana (or two, depending on how many people I'm making them for), then I throw in some frozen berries. The best smoothie I've made I used a juice blend of orange, pinapple and peach (or something like that, but it definitely had peach! that was the key ingredient to this successful smoothie!). I made it a few more times after that, but then the store I bought the juice concentrate from closed and I couldn't find it in any other local store! I'll have to look for it again now that I'm in a new area with more choices.

I'd better stock up on my smoothie ingredients 'cause I'm thinkin' it's officially Smoothie Season!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmmmmm, that looks so yummy. Hurray for smoothie season! :D

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I made strawberry, banana, orange yogurt smoothies this weekend too! They were delicious!

Our recipe:

1 banana in chunks
8 frozen strawberries
One container of strawberry yogurt
1 cup of orange juice

Blend it up and enjoy!

Yummie! =)

Anonymous said...

I made my first smooties tonight after dinner. Everyone seemed to like them. I used fresh stawberries, bananas, plain yogurt, a little orange juice, and ice. They were good, but not cold enough. I think I will put some of the stawberries in the freezer for future smoothie use. Smoothies will make a great summer breakfast for the kids. Thanks!!!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Mmmm...you've got me drooling on my keyboard, Deanne.

Anonymous said...

Yours looks good! I was gonna recommend putting yogurt in it, and looks like others did too!

orchard_girl said...

Yum! Need to go to the store and get some berries and yogurt!
Heather

Mary said...

Sounds (and looks) delish! Randy would be totally envious - smoothies are his very favorite food!

I am MommaCat said...

YUMMO!!! Now you got me wanting one too. I like cushing up ice in mine. Wanna come over and we can have a smoothie day? ;)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! I want one! I think we'll just pop on over and partake. (Wish we could.)

wendy said...

Wow! That looks wonderful. I could get a vote for mom of the year if I made that for afterschool snack-age. I think I will add frozen berries to my shopping list!

Trish D said...

MMmmmmm..... creamy, frozen heaven :) I often add a bit of vanilla soy milk (so that lactose intolerant girl can join in), then pineapple, raspberries, peaches, whatever is languishing in the freezer/fruit drawer :)