Monday, June 4

7 Things Enjoyed On My Weekend Away

Ok, ok, ok! I've been waiting for a friend to email a couple pics from my weekend away, but I'm obviously not getting them (unless I harass her one more time, and I will) so I can no longer put this off. I'll post the pics later if/when I get them. For now, here is a quick little recap of all things fabulous about my weekend away.

  1. After Ryan dropped me off at the airport I could not help but have a big 'ol grin on my face when I thought about what I was doing (traveling with NO KIDS!!! and visiting great friends).
  2. Reading, uninterrupted, in the airport and airplane. Knowing that the screaming baby a few rows away or the other child being walked up and down the isle was not mine.....priceless!
  3. Staying up late in the hotel talking with friends I've missed so much!
  4. Sleeping in the next morning and no children to feed and dress (or tell to be quiet so I can get a few more minutes of sleep).
  5. Shopping with friends (the two just go together so well).
  6. Long car ride back to Michigan. At least it used to seem long to me before, but this time we talked all the way home.....did it really take us 2 hours?? (how fast were you driving Noelle??)
  7. Being able to visit the church we were a part of. The new building was so nice, too bad Ryan didn't get the chance to see it finished! It was also nice to worship with the church again. There is just something special about that group of people, and we miss them all.
  8. Hanging out in Michigan with much-missed friends.
  9. Spending a couple hours with relatives before heading off to the airport (thanks for the breakfast Mike and Karen, the blueberry pancakes were delicious!)
  10. Seeing happy little faces (and one bigger one) in the airport back home.
Alright, so that was more than seven. Oh well. I can't be expected to list only seven things when it comes to a ladies weekend away, now can I? I didn't think so! *big grin* The only thing now is convincing my fabulous husband that I need to do this sort of thing on a quarterly basis. Any ideas how I can do that??

8 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wanna come to Canada next?

I'm going on a trip this July - really can't wait now!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. Glad you had fun. I'm going on a cruise with my 5 bff in less than 2 weeks!!

Amanda said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time!!! I love it when I hear other people's kids crying and the relief of knowing they are not mine.

Tell your husband that you are a better wife/mother when you get a periodic break away. We all need to get away sometimes. It helps us to appreciate what we have waiting for us at home even more! Glad to hear you had such a great time!

Sarah said...

It was a fun weekend wasn't it. It was so good to see you, but too short. I feel like there was so much left unsaid.

Anonymous said...

While it is wonderful to be blessed with children, it is nice to travel solo once in awhile!!! Also, a trip with just girlfriends is also very special! I'm glad you had a good time!

Danana Banana said...

Yeah! I'm so glad for you. I'm sure your fam is happy to have you home. But we mamas need to take care of ourselves everyone in a while - don't you think?

I am MommaCat said...

Glad you had a blast!! Yes, you must be able to treat yourself to weekends away b/c we Mom's deserve it :) I think the best part of going away is only having to dress and feed yourself...and of course sleeping in...YAY!

wendy said...

What a fun trip! My solo flight is just a week away! Yikes!