August was a busy month for us. We did some traveling and Ryan worked a lot too and was too tired some nights to watch a movie. So, for those reasons we did not watch too many movies last month. Here is what we did watch:
1. Wives and Daughters (This is a BBC miniseries that we had seen years ago, but I felt it was time to watch it again. It takes place in the early 1800's in a small English village and is about a coming of age young woman as she deals with change in her life as her widower father remarries. I like her character a great deal and I enjoyed seeing the movie again. I highly recommend it if you like Jane Austen-type movies.)
2. Hulk (Slow and terrible. And to that I add.....oh please don't let them make a sequel!!!)
3. Bridge to Terabithia (yet another family movie night. Good family flick, would recommend)
4.Gandhi (I somewhat enjoyed the film. I thought it interesting from a historical standpoint. To be honest I did not know much about Gandhi and what he did (and what I did know, or thought I knew, was waaaaay off!). If the movie was good at portraying who Gandhi was, and what he did, then I agree that he was a great man and he did great things for the people of India. From a spiritual perspective, however, it sad how 'good' a man can be, yet still be lost.)
5. The Devil Wears Prada (Ryan and I saw this at the theater last summer when we were in Tahoe for our 10th anniversary. But when my mom was visiting the other week she mentioned she had not seen it and would like to. So we rented it and watched it together. It was a fine movie and fun to see a second time.)
6. The Fountain (Weird. That's all I can really say. Just, weird. When I was a teen, my dad would let my brother go out on a Friday night to pick out a movie rental for the family and he would tell my brother "don't come back with anything weird". Well, this is exactly the kind of movie my dad would have been talking about, and I'm pretty sure my brother would like it -or at least rent it. How's that for a cryptic movie review?!)
Saturday, September 1
August Movie Review
Posted by
Deanne
at
8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've seen Hulk - didn't care for it!
I liked the Devil wears Prada! I thought it had a great 'moral to the story'.
We rented The Fountain a few weeks ago. It was totally weird. I didn't like it at all! My husband is the one that always picks the weird movies! I try to make any excuse to avoid letting him pick! lol Though I was the one that picked the fountain.
Ooooo...I love how you give me some good ideas for movies! Thank you! I have seen "Devil". I went with predictable, but I still liked it. I have not seen "Wives", but I think I might look for that one!
I've never seen Wives & Daughters, and now I think I will. I'll probably rent it when Josh is gone for work later this month.
Okay, this post reminded me that I rented two movies from Blockbuster (Premonition and American Dreamz) and I still haven't watched them...I also think that my 5 days are about up but I don't remember what day I rented them...I'm in trouble....
I'm not a movie renter....
Post a Comment