Tuesday, January 1

Decembers Movie Review

Happy New Year ! ! !

Here's what we watched last month:

1. Lost (season 2 and 3) - we finished up season 2 and blew through season 3 when we got our hands on it! Whew, season 3 was probably the most captivating and intriguing yet! There were a few fluff episodes I could have done without however. A friend who recently finished watching season 3 as well told me that she thinks the title (Lost) refers more about the viewer than the survivors of Oceanic filght 815. I totally agree. What is going on????!!! Oh man, only one more month before season 4 begins....can't wait!

2. The Namesake - great family drama that takes place over a period of time. It deals with an Indian couple who move to America and raises their family. Although I didn't like how it ended, mostly because it wasn't neatly wrapped up, it was true to life. The characters are well developed and I enjoyed a glimpse into the Indian culture. I would recommend this one.

3. The Polar Express - our latest family movie night flick. I had heard this was a good movie and I must agree. I'm not a big fan of Santa but the movie was enjoyable for the kids as well as us adults.

Our queue is getting quite low with Blockbuster, does anyone have any suggestions???

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

The Last Mimzy. Stardust. Hairspray.

Oh yes, yes, yes.

Happy New Year!

Mary said...

I love your monthly movie wrap-ups! LOST is so stinking good! I'm excited about this coming season, but can't decide what I think of that finale in Season 3. Too much to wrap my little brain around.

We recently saw the Bourne Ultimatum, and it was really good, but I haven't seen much else lately.

wendy said...

I love your monthly list of movies. I love Lost! My neighbor recently saw Sawyer at the mall - isn't that cool!

This week we watched Meet the Robinsons - that was cute. I also watched In the Land of Women - which I didn't love but it wasn't too bad.

ohAmanda said...

LOST! LOST! LOST! LOST!

Anonymous said...

High School Musical 2 LOL