Monday, March 3

February Movie Review

It's that time of the month again! Here's our list of movies that we watched last month. Enjoy, but don't forget to leave a movie suggestion before leaving. (hint hint!)

1. December Boys - One of those coming of age movies that takes place in the 60's. I liked it. it had the feel of a true life story, but it wasn't, but still good. I would recommend it.

2. Vitus - Foreign film (French?) about young prodigy boy who rebels against his talent and parents will. It was a bit slow in the beginning but it picked up and was an enjoyable movie. Again, I'd recommend,

3. Love's Unending Legacy - This is a low budget film based on the novels by Janette Oke. I read these books yeeeears ago and have watched the first few movies of this series. The acting isn't great but it is neat to see a movie from books I've read. This one was like the rest, just ok.

4. Rescue Dawn - Based on the true story of Dieter Dengler (played by Christian Bale) who was a fighter pilot that was shot down over Laos during the Vietnam War and taken as a POW. The movie tells of his attempts to break out and his rescue. It is unthinkable that men have endured and survived such experiences. The movie was hard to watch at times but it is hard to ignore the reality of what many men have had to face in similar situations. They are to be commended for their service and endurance.

5. War of the Worlds - We had seen this movie at the theater when it first came out (2005). Even though I had seen it before, it was still intense to sit through. We enjoyed it this second time around.

6. Music and Lyrics - This was a fun romantic comedy. Ryan and I enjoyed the 80's music video as well as the other humorous bits. Overall it was good, but still, why can't they have a fun movie like this without the couple sleeping together or end up living together?? It is totally possible to have a movie be funny and fun without these things. It really is.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I have to agree about the state of romantic comedies. Frustrating. We just joined Netflix and are quite happy about that decision. Saw The Last Sin Eater and liked it--low budget Christian flick based on a novel by Francine Rivers.

tricki_nicki said...

Wow girl, you watch a lot of movies! And I completely agree with your last paragraph!! It's so annoying.

Amanda said...

I too agree with what you said about romantic comedies. :(

We liked Resuce Dawn. Your review of it was perfect. It was hard to watch at times, but worth it.

Thanks for the fun movie reviews! :)

Anonymous said...

Methinks you watch too many movies! :) Really it's just that we can hardly find any we really want to see

wendy said...

I love your movie review. I don't think that's too much! Keep watching!

We have war of the worlds, but I've never been able to watch the whole thing - too creapy.

I watched the one about Jane Austen, cant' think of the title....oh, here it is: Becoming Jane. It was a little slow, but rather interesting. not one Nathan would enjoy, though.

Deanne said...

Wendy...I can't imagine that you would watch War of the Worlds, it IS creepy! We actually just watched Becoming Jane this past weekend, we liked it, but hey...wait til next month to get my full review! :)