We didn't see too many movies last month, but that's ok I suppose. Our weekends seem so easily taken up with good things, so I'm not complaining. But here's what we saw....
1. Penelope - this was a fanciful and fun movie about a girl, Penelope, who has a snout for nose. Penolpe's family had long ago fallen under a spell that would make the next born daughter become ugly. The only way to break the spell is have someone fall in love with her as she is. The main story line is predictable, but I enjoyed it none the less. I'd recommend it.
2. 50 First Dates - the only reason I am even mentioning this movie is to say that I do not recommend it. I am embarrassed to admit to having watched it at all, for it was offensive. I don't care for movies that has the level of s3xual humor that this one had as well as the use of a few choice words over and over and over again. Why did I continue to watch it, you ask? Good question. It was funny. I know, how shallow is that?! But there you have it, a s3xual, funny, offensive film where a couple sleep together and it is categorized as entertainment.
3. Baby Mama - again, not proud to have seen this one, let alone tell the world that I saw it all the way through. it was predictable and all the funny scenes were shown in the previews. I think it had potential to be a good, funny movie but was ruined by how it was done. I suppose I could go on as to how it could have been better....but I seriously don't want to bother, it's not worth it. So, no, I don't recommend this one.
4. A League of Their Own - I know, this movie came out like 20 years ago. But, I never saw it and I heard it was good, so I thought it was time to see it! And I liked it. I always enjoy real stories told on film. It's about the beginning of the ladies baseball league in 1943. Most men were off fighting the war and there was a need for people to watch some good old fashioned baseball! So the movie documents the first season of the All-American Girls' Professional Baseball League. Now this one I recommend!
Here's a news flash....I'd like some recommendations to put in our movie queue.....got any???
Wednesday, October 1
September Movie Review
Posted by
Deanne
at
6:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love these Christian romantic westerns produced by Michael Landon Jr., Love's Enduring Promise, Love's Abiding Joy, Love's Long Journey,and Love's Unending Legacy. Make sure you get them in chronological order, they're sequels. He also did the Last Sin Eater, a Francine River's novel, which is good. I loved The Ultimate Gift too.
I totally agree about 50 1st dates...I watched that movie thinking "I know I'm supposed to like Adam Sandler in this, but he's a total jerk...except to Drew Barrymore. He's a jerk to everyone else." I don't like movies that have characters I can't stand, and 50 first dates had many of them.
I want to see Penelope; I love Reese Witherspoon and Christina Ricci, in general.
I saw a League of their Own a long time ago and don't remember much about it, so I'm sure I'd like to see it again!
I can't recommend anything else. I haven't seen anything new in a LONG time!
Post a Comment