This will be my third winter in Southern California since moving from Michigan a couple years ago. And I think I've finally acclimated. How do I know, you ask??? The temps are in the mid 60's and I'm cold. That's how I know!
I remember being in Michigan and knowing when we had acclimated to the cold winters there. Ryan had gotten home from work and we were all heading to the gym for a quick workout before coming home and having dinner. I was wearing some lightweight workout pants and t-shirt with a sweatshirt on top. The temperature was about 40 degrees and at the most I felt a little chilly.
Yesterday the temps were in the mid 60's and I wore pants, long sleeved mock turtle neck shirt and a cozy lightweight fleece jacket. At night I'm bundling up and layering my socks to keep my toes warm. And I think I need to add an extra blanket to the bed. However, I'm still wearing my sandals. I'm a southern California girl, what can I say!
Tuesday, December 9
Because the Winters Here are Frigid
Posted by
Deanne
at
7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The same thing happened to me when I moved to (and from) Florida! I *do* miss wearing shorts and sandals in January, tho'!
You and Wendy with your warm weather make me jealous! I don't mind a little cold if it brings some pretty snow . . . but only long enough to last for Christmas and then I'm ready for spring!
Meanwhile in frigid Ohio, Susie is adorning two pairs of socks, a sweatshirt and three blankets at night.
I'm not sure I've acclimated yet :)
Brrrr, 60 degrees! It is 71 here this morning and the kids are all cuddled up in blankets! I remember laughing at the silly people in jackets the winter we first moved here....I wore a jacket last night....
Ha!! I'm a 4th generation Southern California Girl. It is hard to move away from this weather... till an earthquake hits!
http://elislids.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment