Tuesday, December 2

The Self-Cut May Be Free, But It's Soooo Not Worth it

I may have brought it upon myself. I'm not sure. I remember talking with a friend about this very situation but I said something like "Yea, but none of my kids have ever done that. Yet." Somehow I don't think the 'yet' was good enough to save me from what happened last night.

It was time for dinner so we rounded up the kids to the table. Where was Isabel? Oh, there she is. Come on Isabel, time to eat! She sits down and we all proceed to hold hands to pray before we eat. That is when I saw it and let out a loud gasp!

I was speechless. Ryan looked at me and asked me what was wrong. I could not say a word (I think instant stress or surprises do that to me). All I could do was look at Isabel and then will Ryan to follow my eyes to her head. How could he not see? How is it that he doesn't notice the gaping hack job of a hair do that Isabel is now sporting?

My emotions ranged from laughter (we all fought it during prayer!), to 'oh well, it'll grow' attitude, to anger. How could she do that? She just got her hair cut, like, three weeks ago??! It was so stinkin' cute too! Now look at it, it's terrible! The ugly inside me waged to get out, and I was a grump for the next hour and a half. But my baby, so sweet and so cute, is now sporting a I-did-my-own-hair-cut cut!!!! It's just not right.

Yes. It has happened. Isabel cut her hair. After seven years of raising children I learn that I am not immune to a child finding a pair of scissors and going to town on their perfectly coiffed hair. But as I thought earlier, it will grow. And my revenge is that I can blog about it and post pictures! Ha!

before, when all was cute and right in the world


after

9 comments:

Lani said...

Ah... yes. Ellie has done this..... TWICE! :>) Thankfully though she never did it so short that I couldn't blend it all into a short haircut. Also, her curls do hide a lot. It's totally a girl thing... I can't believe Mae never did it! :>P

Mary said...

Oh man, that's sad and hilarious! What a stinker!

Anonymous said...

Give us time, I'm sure we'll be joining you someday soon. I understand the disappointment though, it's only natural.

Thany said...

I promise you that I will giggle about this all day.

ohAmanda said...

Oh, I'm dreading the day Lydia decides to try that...


(so, heroes last night?)

Unknown said...

Guess a buzz cut won't really work on a girl.

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

Be SO thankful this was AFTER picture day at school-last week...remember??? She's still cute!

tricki_nicki said...

Oh MAN, why do they do it?? Why, why, why?

wendy said...

Oh No! It is cracking me up, but I would have cried that day. So far no major hack jobs here, knock on wood...