Thursday, August 20

First Day of School '09

It's time for alarm clocks and coffee pots again. Sing with me now.......It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiime of the year! Yep, it's back to school for the kiddos. And this means I must get up with the sun and get my first and third grader to school before the bell rings. It's been a great summer, but alas, all good things must come to an end.



the 3rd grader


the first grader




Mae and Caleb have been looking forward to this day for weeks now (may I confess the same thing? is that wrong of me?) Last week we got all the school supplies and yesterday we got new shoes. Mae was beyond excited! The other day she said "can I go to school NOW?". And before dinner yesterday she said to me "I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight" (as opposed to other nights). I'm glad they are still excited about school, learning new things and making friends. I hope it lasts for a good long time for them.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cute school kids! I'm glad they are still so excited about the beginning of the school year - there is something so fun about the first day of school! I hope they both have a great year!

Denise said...

they are so cute! Mae's hair looks blonde from the summer sun.