Friday, September 22

Cute sayings and words


My kids have said the cutest things since they started talking. Ryan and I have enjoied remembering them as well as making some of them a part of our own vocabulary. Here is a list of super cute words or phrases Mae and Caleb have said (or are still saying!).

Mae:

  • likes chup-chup on her hot dog.
  • wants dam-daids on her boo-boos.
  • Grandma Scurries has a dog named Swinkers (Snickers)
  • likes to eat wallermellon
  • tried to say psycho-ramma but came out psycho-mamma (great. thanks.)
  • likes to go to the Daddy Gate (aka: a Daddy date--the first one was to a Dairy Queen)
  • likes to listen to Daddy's Pork-a-guese music while in the car.
  • for lunch she likes to eat a fee-funch (peanutbutter and Jelly sandwhich)
  • if not a fee-funch, then a tuna-funch will do.
  • gicky! (icky)
  • likes to have a hopcicle when it's a hot day
  • loves her granma and 'nuher granma
  • was at the store with Daddy and one of the items on the list was for a memeber of the family (who shall remain nameless) that had a, let's say, bowel issue.....and Mae did not want her daddy to forget the item so she said very loudly "don't forget the poo-poo medicine!!!" (I'm sooo glad I was not there, I would have died right there!).
  • likes to point out a bonedozer to her brother when passing by one.
  • Mommy went to the hostibal when she had Isabel.
Caleb:
  • When Isabel was in infant he said "Iddabow wooka my winnow!" (translation: Isabel's looking out my window)
  • first word was guck (truck.....boys, go figure)
  • puts hut-my-ohs (marshmellows) in his hot chocwhat
  • likes to eat woe-gurt
  • goppi (thank you)
  • goppi to wonk (thank you for the milk)
  • liked to visit his friend Ethan, he would say "I go to Woody house" (I have NO idea how he got "Woody" out of Ethan's name!)
  • likes fighter fighters (firemen....fire fighters)
  • was excited about his new brown shoes and would sing in the trcuk "I like my choc-choc shoes they fit!" (choc-choc = chocolate)
  • passes a vineyard and starts singing "grapes grow on farms!"
  • When talking about needing a Daddy gate here in our new place he said "we can get one, but we can't carry it, but an elephant can!"
  • loves to watch header-hockters in the sky (helicopter)
  • I wuv you too much!
  • got a new Sponge-Bob tooth brush at the store, the cashier let him carry the bag....."I got my own bag, t-bob!" (I think he said it all the way home!).
  • loves bull-bozers
I'm sure I am not remembering all the super cute things they have said, but this is a good representation! (anyone want to add to my list?....did I forget anything? ) I can hardly wait to hear what fun and silly things that Isabel has to say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are fun phrases. Your kids are cute! My daughter is turning 2 next month and has begun saying funny things too, it really is entertaining!

By the way, I love the name Mae, that is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Ugh.. if I were you I would at least try to get your children to say the words the correct way. Otherwise you may need to prepare for speech impediments.