Ryan was gone for most of last week and is gone some this week too, so these two weeks have been more on the difficult side for me. I do have many good things to look forward to, so today that is what I will focus on. These are the lights at the end of my tunnel:
- I get a few hours to myself tonight as the kids will be with a couple from our bible study. Alone time....what's that? and what will I do? Oh...the possibilities are endless. The problem is deciding what to do!
- Ryan comes home from Spain!!! (did he get me something? probably not, but that's not the point. it'll be great to have him home again!)
- Mae's birthday! This does mean that I have lots of balloons to blow up, a doorway streamer curtain thingy to make and put up, 20 cupcakes to make, and present shopping to do....but I will focus on the joy of such an occasion instead of the details.
- I get my haircut on Saturday! I am growing my hair out a bit and right now it is getting quite shaggy so it will be great to get it cleaned up a little. I look forward to the shampooing too, but what lady doesn't enjoy a good shampoo job when getting their hair done?
- Mae's birthday party is next week. She is going to have so much fun with her friends doing some kind of craft at Michael's. All I have to do is bring the birthday girl and a cake, they do everything else!!!
- Next weekend is my long-awaited ladies trip to Chicago to see my good friends in Michigan. I. Can't. Wait. I get giddy with glee just thinking about it!!!
5 comments:
What a week! Birthday, haircut AND presents for Spain (I hope he brings you a bull fighter's red cloth!) Exciting.
Ole!
Why does Ryan get to go to such cool places? I want that job! You need to go with him sometime, Spain sounds awesome!
You have a lot to do this week and it all sounds fun. I'm especially excited for you to have a girls' weekend in Chicago. That's a fun city and it is really fun to get away with friends!
Wendy...I seriously doubt I'll get a gift let alone a snazzy red cape! My man is great but gift purchases are rarely in the fore front of his mind.
Mary...Ryan travels for research for his current work projects and other times he has to visit the job sites. The plan is that next year I'll get to go with him on one of his research trips, and they are always in Europe! I look forward to it, especially since the plan is to let the kids visit with Grandma while we are gone! As far as next week....whoo-hoo, I'm outta here! :)
Sounds like you have some fun things to look forward too! And how exciting to be going on a trip to Chicago. It is a fun place to go :) Think you can post a pic of your new hair do?
Happy Birthday Mae!!!!!!!
It is hard having our husbands gone, but it sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. He'll be home before you know it.
How fun that you get to go visit your frieds in Chicago next week!
Happy Birthday Mae!!
Post a Comment