Friday, May 18

My Birthday Girl

Today I’ll celebrate my little girl
I’ll watch you dance and sing and twirl
For on this day six years ago
You began your life, began to grow
And I’ll love you more than you will know.

Today I’ll pull out your baby book
just to peek, just to look.
I’ll want to see all the sats
and remember where you were at.


Today I’ll think ‘wasn’t it the other day
when I first saw the face of Mae?’

Today I’ll remember the very day
on that blessed day in May
that you came and changed my name.
I know I’ll never be the same.



Today I’ll recall many things of you
The things you’ve done, the things you do
The things that are unique to you

Today is a day of joy and praise
And as my voice to you I raise
In song and voice to you I'll say
Happy Birthday, my precious Mae!

9 comments:

orchard_girl said...

What a sweet poem! Happy Birthday Mae.
Heather

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Mae! Have a great day!
That is the sweetest poem.

I am MommaCat said...

Awww...What a wonderful poem :) I remember when you told me you were pregnant w/ her and you seemed a bit nervous about it all. Now your a Mommy to 3!!!
"Fragile Flower planted three seeds next to her and now has a beautiful garden" ;)

Happy Birthday sweet Miss Mae!!

Anonymous said...

Super-sweet! Happy Birthday, Mae!! Miss Chris sends you birthday hugs!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What a lovely memory that poem will always be for her. Beautiful expressed. =)

Anonymous said...

Well I read your little poem to Haylee and I could hardly finish.... yep you got it, I cried.

How I love you my sweet daughter.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful poem...Mae has a very talented mommy!

We hope you have a wonderful birthday Mae!!!!
Uncle Steve, Aunt Carrie, Haylee, Alec, and Isaac

Danana Banana said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Mae!

And Happy Birthday to Deanne on the day she became a mommy!

Sarah said...

I'm late in wishing happy birthday. It sounds like the day was wonderful.