Thursday, June 28

Dodging the Bullet

I had a startling conversation with Caleb today. It went like this:

Caleb: Sometimes you're terrible (he said with his silly grin)

Me: What?!??! (inwardly I'm grasping for some other meaning than terrible or awful 'cause he's too young to have figured me out already, right??)

Caleb: Sometimes you're terrible. And sometimes you have a tail! (as he starts to giggle)

Me: Wha..? Ok. (phew! He's just being silly and hasn't really figured me out yet!)

9 comments:

Newly Knitting said...

Hmmm, I think my post to another blog was just posted on YOUR blog!!! Opps! I had too many windows open at a time!

Newly Knitting said...

Nope, it's not here...I hope it made it to my Secret Pal's blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, our kids can be so funny! My 9 year old is mastering sarcasm right now and sometimes he doesn't quite know when to be funny and when not to be funny!

Anonymous said...

I love the things that kids say. The other day Isaac came in crying that he had hurt his "thumb" toe and needed a band-aid. I guess I should be writing it all down.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Ah, yet another sign of a blossoming imagination!

Sorry again for talking your ear off! I'm blaming it on nerves, okay?

Ivymamma said...

My oldest is almost eleven and she still hasn't figured me out yet - you've got some time!

Amanda said...

To me it is scary when they start going to other kid's houses and I wonder, "What if they think so and so's mom is nicer and cooler than me?" But they still love me, inspite of me! They come home and tell me that I'm a better cook. :)

Sarah said...

Too funny, Deanne!

I am MommaCat said...

LOL :)