Whew! Yesterday was a doosie! We all were up and out of the house by 8:00 and headed to the airport. We are in good ol' Modesto for one of Ryan's brother's graduation and a wedding of a good friend of mine. This is the first time that we have flown for this kind of trip since we moved last year. Usually we drive, but we had some airline vouchers that needed to be used or lost.
This is also the last airline trip that Isabel will be a lap child. Hallelujah! I don't think I can handle another trip like this with Isabel on my lap (or with her being passed back and forth between isles to Ryan and I). Yes, she was the horrifically screaming child on the airplane. The flight was not completely full and one couple sitting in front of us got up and changed seats! Not that I blame them. I didn't want to sit near Isabel either! The one good thing was that it was a relatively short flight. She was also the child that screamed bloody murder in the terminal in San Fransisco when the milkshake was taken away. Whoa boy, never mess with her milkshake!
The other good thing was that all else went well. Our luggage all arrived as it should and the other two kids were well behaved. The tricky part will come on Monday when I have to do the return trip without Ryan! Prayer will be much appreciated.
The graduation is behind us now, it was last night. Thank you Mom and Dad for watching the kids so we didn't have to drag them to the ceremony! The graduation dinner will be tonight and the wedding will be Sunday late afternoon. It will be a whirlwind trip, but it'll be worth every moment spent with family!
Friday, June 8
The Traveling Family
Posted by
Deanne
at
8:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sorry to hear the flight didn't go so well. Luckily it wasn't a super long flight! Prayers will be with you for your flight home! Have a great weekend! :D
So glad it was a short flight! My heart goes out to any parents flying with small children, but those on long flights? Wow...don't know how they survive with their sanity intact!
Enjoy the time with your family! =)
Whew, you made it! I'm sorry your flight was rough. I totally feel your pain on that one! I hope you guys have a great visit to the homeland of Modesto! Say hi to all the cows and almond trees for me (are there even any left now that it has grown so much?)
Ahhhh, I don't miss the flying-with-babies time...my two are 7 and 9 now so we travel pretty sweetly. Even with the crying, wasn't it nice to get there so quickly??? I remember sometimes flying from Fresno to LA and that was just a puddle jump instead of 4 hours in the car!
I TOTALLY feel your pain. I will definitely be praying for you on Monday. Enjoy your weekend in Mo-town.
Okay - you are officially the bravest mama I know! First, you drive from socal to Mo-town (and back) with all three kiddos and no other adults. Now you're taking them all on a plane?! You rock!
Sorry about the bummer of a flight. Hopefully the way home will be better! And, atleast it wasn't 8 hours of screaming in the car...
Helloooooo? Are you there? Anybody home? I need a post from Deanne!
Post a Comment