Next week we are going camping! We will join my brother and his family along with his good friend and his family. Where are we going??? Yosemite!!! It's been years since we have camped. The last time was when Mae was 2 and Caleb was just a babe at 9 months.
In preparation for this trip we had to buy a new tent. The old one was a '4 man' tent and there was just enough room for Ryan and I with a kid on each side....absolutely no room for the size of our family now with all our crap stuff. So we bought a new one at Costco a few months ago (and got a great deal by the way). It's huge! I don't know how many 'men' it's supposed to sleep but I'd guess at, um, like 100! Well, ok, maybe not that many but it is for sure big enough for our family. The best thing about this tent is that it tall enough for me to stand up in! This means I no longer have to sit or crouch to changed my clothes (which is difficult to do, let me tell ya)! The other feature I like is that it has a sound proof wall/partition and therefore creates two rooms! Isn't that cool? (yeah, it's only my wish that it was sound proof.....maybe the next tent?)
The other week we set it up in the living room so we knew all the parts were there and that we also knew how to set it up. It's a good thing that our living room is ginormous and that we only have one couch for it took up the entire room! I feel like we've gone from humble to huge with this tent! Here's a couple pics of Huge Tent in our living room. Maybe after we get back from camping I can post pics of the tent in action at our campsite.
Well, I've got some shopping to do in preparation of our trip. Then I have to start laundry and then packing can commence. I hope I don't forget anything. I hate it when that happens! Like I said, it's been a while since we've been camping. Any ideas of things not to leave behind, things that might be easily overlooked?? I'm thinking about things that are typically brought on a trip or camping. Things that may make camping easier. Like, I bought a little cutting board and knife at Target, in the dollar section, along with some rope (you never know if you'll need some rope!). Things like that! Any ideas or suggestions???
Wednesday, July 18
A Camping We Will Go!
Posted by
Deanne
at
9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
How fun for you to go camping! We had such a great time last week. This is pretty obvious, but somehowe we missed it....don't forget extra batteries for the flashlights!
Hope you have a great time!
Those pictures are so funny!
Let's see, we always like to play card games when we go camping, so bring some Uno or Phase 10 for some night time games. And don't forget your camera and batteries! Oh, and maybe a little hand broom and dust pan to sweep out the tent when you start tracking in dirt and what not.
Have fun! Sorry we are going to miss you!
Ooo...niiiiice tent!
Haven't been camping since I was a kid, I'm afraid. We always camped in the lap of luxury though, staying at places with flush toilets and showers. =)
Since we camped in Washington a lot, we always brought things to do in case it rained! Rope makes a good clothesline to dry out wet swimming things too.
Batteries - check
games - check
flashlight - check
camera (with batteries charged) - check
hand broom/dust pan - check
thanks guys!
Mary - I'm sorry I won't be here either. Totally bummed!
Well, sounds like fun if you like that whole roughing it thing. I think the last time I went camping without a cabin that had plumbing was maybe girls' grub camp? My idea of camping these days is a Holiday Inn.
I like camping but it MUST provide me with a flushing toilet, electrical outlets and a warm shower.
Chris....Girls Grub Camp, as far as I remember, was at someones cabin that had all the necessities for a teenage girl!
Don't forget the bug spray, first aid kit for boo-boo's, handy wipes, a roll of toilet paper just in case the restrooms run out, and of course some graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow's for S'mores...yum!!! Hope you guys have a FUN time :)
Benadryl for surprise allergic reactions (I'm a first time mom, what can I say.), Bonine (or Dramamine) for the car ride, sunblock, matches or a lighter, walkie talkies if possible. That's all I've got. We're going back to the family cabin this weekend, so I'm thinking along similar lines, but not quite as exhaustive. Hope you have fun, bring us back some pictures!
We call our "giant" family tent the "Mansion Tent!" =) We just returned from a short 2-night camping trip! Have a great time!!
Post a Comment