Friday, October 5

Door Jamb - 1, My Toe - 0

I broke my little toe last night. The doorway got in my way and didn't budge. So my toe did. Not quite the compromise that best suited me. I put ice on it for a while and several hours later it was showing signs of a lovely shade of blue (or was it black? or purple?). I didn't sleep too well either, I think I got about 5 hours. The good thing is that I have a high tolerance for pain so I only had to take 2 Ibuprofen at 2:00 this morning and I was good.

I was surprised that it didn't hurt this morning (high pain tolerance again?). I could manage a hobbly walk without pain and now the color is a definite blueish green. Lovely. I guess now isn't the best time to get a pedicure? (I'll spare you the pics).

A call to my doctor this morning had me in at the Urgent Care by 9:30 (doctor did not have any openings for me). With Caleb in school today, I took Isabel and confined her to the stroller for the duration of my visit. Toys, and books, and snacks were brought along to help keep her content, and they worked! Isabel was such a good girl (thanks Issy, you're the best!).

After x-rays and an hour and half later I am gimping walking out with the knowledge that I did indeed break my toe and I now have a fashionable shoe to prove it! Just one, they don't give them out as a set. There isn't much that can be done for a broken toe, other than tape it up, wear a lovely shoe, and give it some rest (that's not likely to happen at much length with 3 kids....however I do plan to take a nice nap this afternoon).

Aside from the nap, I feel the need to accessorize. Does anyone have a Beadazzler?

10 comments:

Ivymamma said...

I found that rest, ice and a good supportive shoe (rocket dog was my choice) allowed me to avoid the lovely "shoe/boot". It also took mine almost three weeks to heal, so maybe I should have sacrificed fashion and gone with the "shoe/boot"! How about long, wide legged jeans to cover! Hope it's feeling better soon.

wendy said...

Ouch! That makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

I'm always kicking things with my little toe, too!

Deanne said...

Jenn.....what is Rocket Dog? Yeah, I'll probably have to wear really long jeans for a bit. Mae is weirded out by my 'shoe'. She says 'I can't stop looking at it', all the more reason to lay on the couch cuddled in a blanket!

Wendy....I'm surprised by two things. 1) the pain isn't that much. 2) that I've been on this earth for almost 32 years and this is the first toe I've broken!

I am MommaCat said...

Oh ouchy! I hope it's on the fast track to recovery so u don't have to wear the funny shoe for too long. I love the Beadazzler comment..LOL

ohAmanda said...

OUCH. poor thing!

Amanda said...

Ouch!! Sorry about your toe! I say you take full advantage of the weekend and put your feet up. As if!

Mary said...

YOUCH! I hope you heal fast!

Anonymous said...

Where's the photo of the beautiful shoe??? =)

I'm sorry that you were hurt! Owie! I pray that you heal quickly!

Sarah said...

Your feet haven't had the best of years. Didn't you step on something a few months ago? I hope you are feeling better and mobile more quickly than you think.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your pain tolerance. I would have been popping vicuprophins that I have left over from having Donovan. Hope your nap was long and luxurious!