Monday, October 1

September Movie Review

September had a lot going on, so we didn't watch much. I only have 3 movies listed, but in all fairness the last one was a tv show on dvd and it took us a week to watch it. Here is what we saw:

1. The American - This was a PBS movie at one time, it was also a book by Henry James. It's about a young American man the comes to Paris in the late 1800's and falls in love with a young widow, who is under the control of her mother and forbidden to marry himn. It's actually a sad kind of story. I didn't like the way it ended and the acting wasn't that great either. It also had some scenes I had to fast forward through. So, overall I am not recommending this one.

2. Premonition - This was a good psychological thriller/mystery. It did not end the way I thought it would, but I still liked it and would recommend it.

3. Heros (season 1) - My brother was on my case about watching this so I obliged him. Ryan and I really got into it, much to our surprise. We watched it just in time too, the second season started last week! I'm still a fan of Lost but this is definitely a rival. I am totally recommending this. So, if you haven't seen it then you need to go out right now and get season 1 on dvd then start watching season 2 with me!!!

This months favorite is a no-brainer. Heros! Have you seen it, or are following it? If so, who is your favorite Hero and/or your least? My fav is Hiro, and my least fav is Parkman (his acting isn't all that great). I get a kick out of Hiro's reactions to things ('Waffles, yahoo!'). I was also surprised to find that he is a pretty good actor too, but that is only seen once you're further along into season 1. I love it and I can't get enough, or they can't air them close enough together. Watching tv shows on dvd is awesome, it's the way to go (followed closely to a DVR)!

So there you have it, another installment of movie reviews. By the way, our queue is getting low, any suggestions?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the new look. Just love it!

I am MommaCat said...

I keep hearing about Hero's and how good it is, but never saw an episode. I could get the first season but now the second season just started and I'd have to do a fast catch up........Or just wait till next summer and rent both seasons so Im ready for #3...LOL! Do you know when the new season for Lost starts? I have not seen anything for it yet???

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've seen commercials for it and been interested, just never remembered to watch!

I would recommend Corner Gas if you can get it down there. Hilarious!

wendy said...

I've been wondering about Premonition.

And hero's sounds fun. I'll have to see if I can find it on netflix.

Anonymous said...

Your brother sounds super smart, you should listen to him more.

Deanne said...

I would....but he doesn't read my blog.

ohAmanda said...

I LOVE HEROES!! Did you finish it? Are you watching Season 2? What did you think of the season finale? The new season premiere?

Can you tell I haven't talked to anyone about it yet?!