The kids and I returned home today. This time my mother joined us for the journey home. It was great to have her help on the long drive (thanks Mom, you're the bestest!).
The first thing I can say about being home is; I'm soooo very glad to be home after that long drive. The second is this; Ryan had better be thankful he still has three kids (they almost didn't make it!). I'll tell you what, those kids sure know when they've had it with being on the road. The only difference between me and them at that point is that I have a smidge more self control. But that's is, just a smidge.
The ride up to Modesto did not go this poorly. In fact it's almost like I had a whole different set of kids with me. What happened?? Actually, I think I know. On the way up everyone is excited about going to Grandma's house and doing all the things we've been talking about doing when we get there. Going back home is no fun. Nothing fun ever happens at home (even if Grandma is along for the ride, apparently).
Trips like this make me pause when thinking of making this trip by myself again. But aside from the last hour and a half of the trip with all the behavior that gave new meaning to the word perseverance, our Spring break trip was great. I enjoyed seeing good friends and spending time with family I don't see that often. The Lord is good to bless us with the opportunity to live closer to family, and for that I am so very thankful.
As for the remainder of the Spring break we will be entertaining my mother with a field trip to see a plantation of blooming flowers and a day at the beach. And I've only got two days left to do it! I will now banish all thoughts of today's road trip and focus on the remaining time with my mother. But if I ever mention doing another solo road trip with the kids again.....will someone please shoot me?
Thursday, April 10
Home. Alive. Barely.
Posted by
Deanne
at
10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You guys are having spring break now? I'm so jealous; ours was two weeks ago and it was COLD! Grr.
Glad you're back!
Ohhhhh, road trips. They are always 100% Awesomeness or 100% I Want to Give My Family Away.
Glad you survived.
Glad the kids did too.
Glad I get to see you tomorrow and hear all about it!
Sorry your trip back was, uh, "ugly'. I sure am glad you came out though and got to come over for a visit :)
PS thank you so much for the super cute girly headbands!!!!
Wait did I hear you say beach. As in it is warm enough to take the children without fighting about whether they can get in the water, beach. Jealousy, here. Especially when we don't have a beach at all anymore.
Have a great time with your mom.
Yeah - you made it!
Janie and I will be attempting a 3-hour road trip this summer - I think I'll have to call you and get all your survival tips!
Oh my! I was about to say glad you had fun, but...well, you know what I mean!
Hey, D & I are gonna be in Orange County the 24th & 25th. Any chance you could drive up & see us? We won't have a car or I'd offer to come to you. We'll be hangin' with Auntie Becca.
A miserable drive atleast gives you something to write about! (wink)
How fun to go on a road trip with your mom! Hope you had a fun time at the beach!
Post a Comment