When I was growing up I often heard my dad jokingly say to me 'You can't date until you're married'. I'd either give him a little laugh, or if I was in my teen years, my typical reply would have been a roll of my eyes (sorry Dad!). Now that I have kids of my own, it's my turn to pass along the age-old phrase.
The other night Mae was telling us about a boy in her class who had invited her to his birthday party.
Mae: Matthew has been acting weird lately like sitting by me and stuff, like he likes me.
Me: (not wanting her to get freaked out -or myself- and not wanting to make a big deal of it, I said) Well, you can't date until you're married.
Mae: (with a deep sigh) I know, I know.
Oh good! Disaster averted......but did I detect an eye roll there?!
Saturday, April 26
What Goes Around Comes Around
Posted by
Deanne
at
5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sometimes the "deep sigh" is just as bad as the eye roll! :)
No "Boys have cooties"? No, "Gross, Mooomm"? Mae's growing quickly. Good luck with all those sighs.
Uuuhg...the whole "so & so likes me" is a scary thing....I don't even want to think about it with my boys.
Oh, I don't even want to think about this!!
Post a Comment