We didn't see many movies this past month. In fact, as you can see, we only saw 3! That's just crazy compared to the 9 we watched the month before. Oh well.
This is what we did watch:
1. Howards End - This movie wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. I thought I remembered hearing someone say something not good about it back when it was released. Maybe they said it was boring? Well, whatever it was that I heard turned out to be wrong (in my opinion). I enjoyed the movie. I like a little mystery with good character development. Anthony Hopkins is an actor I enjoy, and he did not disappoint.
2. Dan in Real Life - I must admit that I was apprehensive about seeing this. Steve Carell is one of those actors that makes me nervous. By that I mean that he is funny and can be enjoyable to watch but I never know if he is going to be offensive or not. But Ryan had seen this movie on one of his long flights and since he enjoyed it then I wanted to see it too! And I really like it. Although, Ryan skipped over one scene (some family conversation in the laundry room). I was curious as to what I missed, but I never asked Ryan what it was. What's the point in skipping a scene that was offensive in some way if I ask about it later? So I left it alone. Anyway, the movie was good and I would recommend it!
3. End of the Spear - This was about the missionaries that went to the Amazon to tell the Waodani indians about Christ and were then murdered by them. Actually, it was more about the son (Steve Saint) of one of the missionaries as well as the leader of the tribe who killed the boys father. It was an amazing movie! I love the story of forgiveness and seeing it play out and how this humanly tragic event was used by God to draw this people group to him. I was also struck by God's love. John 3:16 says 'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.' God so loved these murderous, evil people that he made a very distinct point to make sure they heard about Him and to have the opportunity to be forgiven and enter into a relationship with him, to spend eternity with him. I am awe struck. God is so amazing and unpredictable in his ways. I'm out of words of expression. What more can I say? God is great! See this movie!
Saturday, May 3
April Movie Review
Posted by
Deanne
at
7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dan in Real Life is one of my all time favorite movies. All time. :) (You didn't miss anything, by the way.)
I've been wanting to see Dan in Real Life. May have to rent that now. I think I saw the 3rd movie years ago, at least something similar.
heather
I saw Howard's End back in the day, but don't remember it...only that Sir Anthony was in it.
I liked End of the Spear, but didn't love it. If I hadn't known it was about Jim Elliot and his group, I would have wondered if they were relief workers or missionaries. They didn't address that part very well.
Post a Comment