Sunday, October 26

Mae's Monster Challenge

Mae has a fun story to share with you all today. It's a story about a monster that she drew, and she has a special, fun surprise too! After you read her story, can you draw a picture of Mae's monster?? There will be a totally random drawing for the winner (drawing ability will not be judged). The winner's picture will be posted here, along with Mae's original drawing, and will receive a bag of candy corn (the new favorite in our house!).

Here's the rules of our Monster Giveaway:

1. draw a picture of the monster from Mae's story
2. post a picture of your monster on your blog and link back to this post using the Mr. Linky

* if you don't have a blog then you can submit a picture for the drawing via email - fragile.flower@hotmail.com

3. one entry per person (but is open to any/all members of a family/blog).

4. the giveaway is open to US residents and will close on Thursday, October 30th at 10:00 pm pst. The winner of the random drawing will be posted on Friday, October 31st, along with the picture they submitted. Oh, and Mae's original drawing will be posted too!

Ok, enough rules and non-fun stuff. On to the story!!!



~ My Monster ~

There once was a monster with a bug fuzzy head. It was a yellow head with antennas and had googly eyes, stripes on its tummy with a heart too. Red arms and legs, and bow. It also has roller skates.

Flowers were being eaten. And it was heading for town.

"Oh my! Oh my! There is a monster heading this way!"

And the monster, she ran away. "I only want to make a friend" the monster said in a sad voice. "Maybe I should find someone else to make a friend." So she went off to the bay.

"Ahhhhh! There's a monster heading over here!" a man yelled. And the man ran off with his friend.

"But I only wanted to make a friend. Maybe I should find someone else?" So the monster went to the freeway.

"Ahhhhh! There's a monster on the freeway! Drive! Drive!" and the people on the freeway went the other way.

"But I only want to make a friend. Maybe I should go to the beach?" She told herself.

"Ahhhhh! There's a monster! She is making waves! Call the police! Call the police!" And the people on the beach did, and the monster was arrested.

"But I just want to make a friend!" the monster told them.

"Really? Really? Ok, come out!"

~ The End ~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! You guys are so creative.

ohAmanda said...

How fun! I can't wait to do this!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'll have D help me.

Susie said...

Fun, fun! I'll have Sarah participate !

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

CUTE story Mae!! Sorry we didn't get a picture to you in time! You are a great writer!