To care for our pool I need to brush it down every day. It gets the dirt off the sides of the pool and keeps leaves and dirt from settling in and causing stains. To do this requires me to use a great big ol' pool brush. And if I see leaves that have settled at the bottom then I can use the long-handled net to reach down and get them out. It's quite handy.
Today I was out doing my daily pool duty and I noticed that there were some leaves at the bottom. In fact, not only did I see a few leaves here and there, I also saw a small branch with a cluster of leaves too. I thought to myself "I'll brush down the pool and use the net when I'm done to get the leaves out". I'm so proactive.
As I was finishing my last brush strokes I had another thought...."I'm just going to use the brush to capture the branch and then drag it up to the top, then I'll just reach in, grab it, and take it out.". The branch was just big enough for me to do that, so that's what I did. Until the branch got a little closer to the surface and I saw that it wasnt' really a branch at all. It was a dead rat.
Ewe!!!!
This calls for the net! There's no way I'm stickin' my hand in there and pulling out, let alone touch!, a dead anything! Nope. I'm sooo using the net. So I grabbed the long handled net, captured the dead rat and put it in the garbage.
I'm grateful for long-handled nets. I'd be even more grateful for a husband with a long-handled net or even a pool guy with a long-handled net! But I'll just be thankful for what I've got and that I'm not too squeemish and could take care of the situation without freaking out. That, and I now have something to blog about today. See?....now I'm doubly thankful*!
Wanna come over for a swim?
*can this count for two days worth of posting??
2 comments:
Yuck!
I love your thankful month.
Does this mean that Ry put the decon out???
Post a Comment