Tuesday, August 21

So Long Summer, Hello School!

My summer fun is now at an end. All trips have been traveled, people have been visited and guests have all returned home. It was a good summer and it turned out better than I thought it would.

What marks the end of summer, you ask? The start of another school year of course! Mae will go back tomorrow, but this time it will be as a great big first grader. *sigh* Where did the time go? I know, I know, we've all heard this and said it many a time, but still.......I could've sworn she was just a babe the other day!

This year will be a little different than last year. For one, Mae will be in school longer (yes!), and she will also ride the bus. She is quite excited about it too. Mae has informed me that she already knows how to ride the bus, for she rode it twice last year for field trips. Well then, ok, that's settled. I suppose I won't have to go over the bus riding rules with her.

Tonight after dinner I'll take Mae to get her hair cut (her request) then we'll head over to Target to pick out a new back to school outfit. We are all excited about tomorrow! I'll be sure to be a dutiful parent and take pictures of my little girl as she begins yet another milestone in her childhood career. Then I'll be sure to post them so ya'll can see!

I'm pretty sure I can make it through this day. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..........

4 comments:

Mary said...

How exciting! First grade is really fun, Mae will do great!

Anonymous said...

Today, first grade. Tomorrow, she'll be leaving for college. I can hardly believe how fast time goes by now that I have a child. It's like time has suddenly gone into warp speed. Congrats on your big day, Mae!

Sarah said...

I realize that your will get this after Mae's big day. How did it go? How exciting!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oooo...one of those exciting/scary moments. Can't wait to see pictures!