The mail man has been busy making deliveries to my door this past week. Last Thursday I got this:
Did I really order that?
Nope, I didn't. I won it! Remember when I was a part of the Ultimate Blog Party last month? Well, they had about 100 'door prizes' and I won one! One of the things on my list of 'would like to have if I won' was a personalized lunch box. At first I was thinking 'oh great who am I going to let have it? Mae or Caleb?', but Ryan said they were kinda girly, so I let Mae have her pick (you can go here to find them and other neat things). And surprisingly, Caleb hasn't said one little peep about 'why didn't I get one?!'. Good call Ryan - thank you!!! I think it's cute, and Mae is happy with it. Besides, I can't complain....it was free!
So, anyway, that was delivery number one. The other delivery I received came last Saturday. Remember last week when I posted about the necklace I purchased on Etsy? Well it's here and I love it! I think I will change out the chain for a thinner more delicate one and make it a bit shorter too, but I am quite pleased with it! Sorry, I don't have any new pictures, but it really does look like the one I posted earlier. The lady did a very nice job of making it and even shortened it for me when I asked (I could have had it made shorter, but I was afraid it would be too short, but this gives me the opportunity to do it myself). If you like the necklace or would like to see other things she has made you can check out her Etsy store here.
I had another package come the other day, but I can't say what it was because it's a birthday gift for my mother (and she reads my blog....hi Mom!). I am so happy to be able to hand deliver her gift in just a couple days! The kids and I are driving up to see our family during Mae's and Caleb's Spring Break. So if you don't hear much from me over the next week that's why (not that I do a smashing job at posting with any regularity).
So there you have it! Three deliveries from my friendly neighborhood postal worker!
**Just as a bonus....the title of my post comes from a movie, can anyone guess which one? And as a double bonus can you name the actor who delivered it?
Wednesday, April 2
Oh the Wells Fargo Wagon Is 'a Comin' Down the Street.....
Posted by
Deanne
at
11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awesome lunch box. My Emily would love love love that. Adorable!
Have a fun trip to Mo-towm!
How fun to get packages in the mail!
The lunch box is cute. I'm sure the necklace is very nice too - yeah for jewelry!
I love getting fun mail. The lunch box is so cute.
The movie is the Music Man, but as for the actor, I can't remember. I do remember the boy singing was Ron Howard with a horrible lisp.
Heather
Super cute lunch box! Love the polka dots ;)Yeah for winning free stuff!
Ok ok, I read that.... so now I have to confess I was bloriting again. I was also singing the "Wells Fargo Wagon is commin"
Can't wait to see you....
Mom
I totally knew that was from Music Man, but I couldn't tell you who the actor was!
That is such an adorable lunch box!! :)
Post a Comment