This past month we signed up with Blockbuster.com, so we have watched a lot of movies this month. This is a great deal for us, especially since they give you a free in-store rental coupon each week! With this plan we can have up to 3 movies at one time. My favorite part is getting the movies in the mail, of course the best part is that we return the movie when we are ready. It has been fun, and since we are paying a monthly fee and get unlimited movies we have been able to watch movies that we might not have taken the risk to rent (like a documentry or something that sounds good but has lesser known people in them). Here is what we have seen this month.
Aeon Flux (Good! similar to Matrix, sort of)
Must Love Dogs (I didn't like it, wouldn't recommend)
Transporter 2 (cheesy, but entertaining)
World's Fastest Indian (I love Anthony Hopkins! true story too!)
Unfinished Life (not bad for a Robert Redford, J Lo., drama flick)
The Village (Ooo, that was good!)
Emmauel's Gift (ok, for a documentry.....was slow, but interesting)
Mysterious Island (long & boring, but it helped pass the time as we drove home from Modesto!)
Daniel Deronda (good. long.)
My Date With Drew (fun, cheap documentry similar to Super-size Me)
On a Clear Day (alright for a British film, those Brits have an odd sense of humor!)
16 Blocks (good action movie....dvd has an alternate ending..fun!)
Signs (a little creepy but not too scary for me, although Ryan got a little freaked out!)
Blackhawk Down (true story with lots of action and war gore, a little too much for me)
My favorite movie of the month was The Village. I am always updating our movie queue on-line, any recommendations???
Sunday, October 1
Monthly Movie Log
Posted by
Deanne
at
1:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I thought I already left a comment, so if it turns out that I'm writing the same stuff again - sorry!
I love renting movies. When Nathan was deployed earlier this year, renting movies was my big entertainment - I rented like 5 movies a week. I have an all you can rent pass from a local movie place... Lately we have been watching older movies with the kids like Back to the Future and Karate Kid (hahaha)
I will have to look for The Village - is it scary? I am a wimp and cannot rent scary movies. We recently rented The Secret Window (or something) with Johnny Depp - it was creapy.
Wendy~ The Village is one of M. Knight Shamaylan movies, you know, he did The Sixth Sense etc. Well, the village isn't scary like the 6th sense, it's more of a psychological thriller, so it has it's suspenseful moments. However, it does not end like you think it might, that is one of the directors signature "things". If your easily creeped out then you might want to pass on this one, and on Signs too.
Deanne
I love "The Village", it is so good. Like Deanne said, it is suspenseful, but a really interesting story. I also love Joaquin Phoenix, and he does a great job in this movie.
Hmmm, I'm not sure that I can handle that movie - the 6th Sense gave me nightmares for weeks.
Wendy~ I think you're right, you probably should pass on this one.
Post a Comment