Friday, November 7

Friday Tradition

When I was growing up, my family always had pizza on Friday nights. It was our way of splurging I suppose. Our way of having something fun together. Well, now that I'm all grown up with a family of my own, I want to keep this weekly tradition.

When Ryan and I were first married I was intent on keeping the tradition the way it was, pizza every Friday. But Ryan needs variation in his life or he gets bored. So we kept the Friday night tradition but decided to branch out and eat at different places other than pizza joints.

Today, the big question when Ryan comes through the door on Friday after work is "where should we go for dinner?". Sometimes one of us or the kids has a place in mind, and other times we can't agree so the decision falls to one person. Many a Friday night we can be found at places like Rubios, Panera, Taco Bell, and sometimes at a local pizzeria (gasp!).

7 comments:

wendy said...

I love pizza on Friday's too. This weekend we have those Book It pizza coupons to use. Whoohooo!

Thany said...

Great tradition...I had the same growing up as well as a movie or board game-Friday Nights were Family Night! :)

Deanne said...

Wendy...we always went to Round Table (as a kid) and I have never loved a pizza more than I love RT's pizza!

Bethany....sounds like a great family tradition! maybe we should think about extending our Friday evenings to include that too!

Anonymous said...

We have homemade pizza every Friday night. Tonight, I have an egg on mine in order to give myself some variety, and have a go at our own "Pizza Margherite" which I had in Italy.

You had me worried there for a bit when I didn't see a post all day. I knew you'd come through in the end though. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So what did you guys eat tonight?

Susie said...

RUBIOS. You;re making my mouth water!

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

There is Oggi's, Sublime (in 4S), which is YUMMY!!
Fridays are pizza night for us too!