Saturday, November 8

I Knew I Was In Trouble Before It Was Finished

Since we no longer have our handy dandy school buses to help us out this year, my neighbor and I have worked out a carpool swap. It only makes sense to do this, since we both have kids there and need to take them to and from school. Besides, it saves us on gas!

So yesterday was my afternoon to pick up her kids after school and take them home. We all really like Katie and Ryan. Isabel adores Katie and likes to try to talk to Ryan who sits behind her in the truck. And sometimes Katie has mad libs and we fill in the blanks on the way home.

Then there was yesterday....Ryan had a joke to tell Mae. As it began, I had this sinking feeling inside. A feeling that was foretelling that I'd hear it over and over and over again for a long long time to come. You'll see.....the joke goes like this...

Pete and Repete were in a boat. Pete falls out. Who's left?

Mae didn't get it. She kept answering the question, and Ryan kept retelling the joke. Now Katie and Ryan are home and probably on to other after school activities. But me? Well, I'm still listening to the kids and the new joke they learned.

Thanks Ryan.

5 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

This made me laugh. Too funny! :-)

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh too. I am assuming that Mae finally "got it" and is now passing is along.

Mom

Susie said...

Maybe I can start praying for your sanity?

Unknown said...

Talk about things passing on trough the generations! So hilarious. This is one of those jokes that our mom's probably said, "I can't wait until their kids do this to them!." And now they are:)

Thany said...

DAVID DID THIS TO ME!!

I wake up to Lucy saying something voer and over about a boat and "What was that boat story daddy told us?" and then Nathan kept saying it over and over and getting mad when I'd tell it back at him and tell him that Repeat jumped out instead.