Thursday, February 22

Ok, Ok, Ok!!!

A few of you have asked me to share some recipes I've mentioned recently. Ok, I'll share! Here is the recipe for the white chili:

Southwestern White Chili

1 tbl olive oil
1 lb chicken cut into cubes
1/4 c chopped onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 can (19oz) white kidney beans (cannelloni)

spice blend

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp cilantro leaves
1/4 tsp ground red pepper

Heat oil in 2-3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes (or until cooked all the way through). Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to pan and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, green chilies and spice blend. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir in cooked chicken and beans. Simmer 10 minutes.

Here's a few tips for this recipe....I always double it when I make it, but this is a spicy/hot dish so if you choose to double it do not double the spice blend!!! Another tip is to to skip the part about simmering for a half hour before adding the chicken and beans. I dump it all in and heat it thoroughly, it really doesn't need to simmer for that long. One more thing....this recipe goes great with the corn bread recipe I posted last week!!!

And before people out there in blog-land post comments that I forgot the lasagna recipe, here it is! *big grin*

Chicken Lasagna Florentine

Lasagne noodles (I use 6 noodles in my 9x13 casserole pan)
9 oz. chooped spinach
2-3 c diced chicken
2 c shredded cheddar
1 can cream coup (I use cream of mushroom)
1 c sour cream
1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/3 c fresh minced onions
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c grated parmesean

Cook lasagna according to package. Cook spinach, drain well. (I use one frozen package, just thaw and drain well). Combine: chicken, onions, 1 1/2 c cheddar, soup, cour cream, mushrooms, salt, pepper, spinach. Blend well. Butter/grease bottom and sides of cassarole dish.

Layer: 1/3 noodles on bottom of dish, 1/2 meat mixture, sprinkle 2 tbl parmesean, repeat.

Top with noodles, sprinkle remaining cheddar and parmesean on top. Cover with foil. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil for 10 minutes until brown and bubbly.

There they are, dear friends, two fabulous recipes to add to your repertoire! I hope you enjoy them, how could you not, they're awesome! Now, the only thing you have to do is share some delicious recipes with when you come across something new and fabulous!

6 comments:

wendy said...

If I just had some spinach we could be eating florentine tonight. Bummer. Thanks for the recipes!

Mary said...

Thanks for posting those! I have been wanting your recipes for a while. Yum!

Amanda said...

Thanks!!! I love trying new recipes and you always have good ones to share. They sound sooooo yummy. Thanks again.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Thanks so much! I so need new dinner recipes and I'm going to try both of those!

Danana Banana said...

Thanks for sharing these! The frozen lasagna I normally buy is pretty good - but yours sounds much better!

PS - here's the recipe for the fruit dip...
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Serve with stawberries and green grapes.
Easy and yummy - my specialty!

Sarah said...

Ok because I am incredibly cooking lazy, I modified the great lasagna recipe. Instead of using lasagna noodles, I use elbow mac. Then I put all the other ingredients in a big skillet and warm through. I add the mac last and I'm done. Again, because I am too lazy to deal with the layering and lasagna noodles.