Wednesday, June 4

Another Phase

We've slowly been phasing out of baby stuff. Last summer I sold off most of the baby clothes, furniture, and toys. And over this past year I have been trying to get myself out of the habit of using the umbrella stroller or shopping carts for Isabel. I still don't like having her roam (or run) free when we are in a store. I'm trying to get used to that, but when it comes to Costco she is still cart-bound. Aside from that, I think it's been a good month since we've pulled out the umbrella stroller for anything.

However, when it comes to the walks we take around our neighborhood, we still bust out the jogging stroller for The Bel. I kept thinking that we'd be done with the jogger this fall. Well, the time has come.

The other night Isabel did not want to go in the stroller, and Ryan, being more patient than I, decided to let her walk. I was surprised on how well she did! We didn't have to hold or carry her too often and she was quite content to run ahead or lag behind. I'm thinking that our stroller days are done. *deep, sad, sigh*

As it is nice to be phasing out of the stroller, I am still a little sad that we won't be needing it anymore. Just one more reminder that she isn't a baby anymore.

But doesn't she look happy to be stroller-free?


9 comments:

Ivymamma said...

While I am excited for that day (if it will ever come!),it is kind of sad to think that you don't need those things anymore. When I sold the highchair, I got a little misty-eyed.

My husband wants me to part with the double stroller, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Anonymous said...

I think I can see her personality comming through that picture. Love The Bel

Mom

tricki_nicki said...

What a bitter-sweet phase. I'm getting close - that is, unless I can talk my hubs into one more! ;)

Amy said...

Oh but to have them contained once again is sometimes wonderful!

Thany said...

Love the sass in the smile of that last photo!

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

She is soooo adorable!!

Danana Banana said...

wow - you're brave to shop without the cart or the stroller!

Shari said...

Ah kids - What is their hurry to grow up? Your daughter does look happy to be stroller free though. I think Dad's usually give in. My husband told my little girl that she could have a big girl bed before I was ready.

wendy said...

What a little cutie!

My jogging strolled died last summer. I was worried that we wouldn't survive the twice daily walk to and from school without it, but John did great. He was a trooper - walking about a mile and a half nearly every day!

But I still make him sit in the grocery cart!